Our Is Biggest So How Do We Fight With The False Facts About Cancer?

Date : : 7/13/2021

As in almost every health condition, there are many wrongs that are believed to be true in cancer, even though they have no scientific basis. Accepting these mistakes as right and acting accordingly may contribute negatively to the progression of the disease and may lead to situations that deeply affect mental health.

At that point, the only thing to do is trust the oncologists who have decided to keep the fight up together during that difficult journey and not to rely on the rumors that come out among the public. We want to share "False Facts About The Cancer" means, urban tales on our health blog as "Onkomer Oncology" this month.


1) “Eating sugar causes directly cancer to grow!”

Here is the most common misconception about cancer. No research has shown that sugar consumption has a direct effect on cancer. Excess sugar consumption does not make cancer worse, and low sugar consumption does not shrink cancer. Excessive consumption of foods, including sugar, is must be avoided for heath.


2) “Cancer is infectious!”

Cancer is not a contaminant disease by touching, being in the same area. However, are there cancer types caused by viruses? Yes! Viruses may cause cervical cancer, liver cancer, nasopharynx cancer. Still, it is viruses that are infecitious, not the cancers they cause.


3) “Getting a biopsy causes cancer to spread!”

Here is another false fact! The definitive and correct diagnosis of cancer is mostly made by biopsy. In the correct surgical procedure, the details of the cancer are determined by examining the tissue from the tumor. Thus, the treatment method to be applied is planned. A biopsy must be performed to make a definitive diagnosis.


4) “The child of a parent who has cancer will also get cancer!”

Some types of cancer are known to be inherited. When all types are examined, only 5% to 10% of hereditary cancer types are inherited. These types are generally; breast, ovarian, and colon cancers. For example, if there are inherited BRCA1 and 2 mutations, the probability of breast cancer is around 85%. But even if these genes in the family pass to children, it does not mean that it will be cancer. Factors such as external factors, nutrition, hormonal factors also play a role.

As Onkomer Oncology, we would like to reiterate the importance of not giving credit to these false facts, which we define as urban tales and, the early diagnosis is the most thing to avoid cancer. The most accurate information and the most accurate treatment method that can guide you in this difficult process should only be done by your oncologists.